Sunday, July 22, 2007

Background and Qualifications

I am running for President-Elect of the American Psychoanalytic Association.

I consider myself very well prepared for the position of President Elect since I have served our Association in all of our major leadership areas, both locally and nationally. At the local level, I have been President Elect and President of my local Institute (92-96) and then Dean and Chair of the Education Committee (1996-01). At the National level I have served as a Fellow on the Board on Professional Standards (BOPS) (1996-01). I have been a member of both our committees on Confidentiality and Government Relations and Insurance (CGRI) since 1994. I have served a term as Chair of CGRI (1997-00). I have been a member of our Board of Directors (Executive Council) continuously since 1997.

I have been elected to national office three times, first as a Councilor-at-Large (1997-01), and then to two terms as Treasurer (01-04, 04- ). As Treasurer we have had balanced budgets during all five years of my term, and we have accomplished this without raising dues. I have brought transparency to the budgeting and financial processes of our Association with my willingness to answer all financial questions on our listserves and my willingness to meet with any interested members at our meetings. As you can see, I possess a considerable breadth of experience and accomplishment in our Association.

My organizational skills have been enhanced by eight years of leadership as a member of the Board of Trustees of Wagner College (1999- ) where I also serve as Chairman of the Academic Affairs Committee and as a member of the College’s Executive Committee (2001- ).

No comments: